- Submit 250 word story (include why you are deserving of pro bono adoption services)
- Fill out the Adoption Questionnaire (download here)
- Answer the question: "What makes a Birth Mother special to you?"
- Answer the question: "What would life be like for a child who joins your family?"
- Submit photo (taken within 12 months)
- Must be a US citizen/Permanent Legal Resident
- Must pass a Home Study, FBI/Child Abuse Clearances
- Submit ALL required information no later than 11/15/2013
- Winner will be announced 11/23/13
- Level of openness (gender, ethnicity, Birth Mother circumstances)
- What led the family to adoption and how the family would benefit from ANLC’s pro bono adoption services
- The family’s views on who a Birth Mother is and what she means to them
- The family’s description of what life would be like for the child they welcome into their family
- Whether the family will have the necessary finances available for adoption costs not covered by ANLC’s pro bono services (ie 3rd party costs, Birth Mother support, travel expenses, etc.)
How to participate:
- Email ALL requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to: 1-888-263-1936
- Please no phone calls regarding the contest
LAKE FOREST, CA, October 24, 2013 – In honor of National Adoption Month, November 2013, Adoption Network Law Center, a provider of professional adoption services to Adoptive Parents nationwide, is running a pro bono adoption services contest with the intentions of giving back to the community and raising adoption awareness.
Submissions for the contest will be accepted from October 24th to November 15th. Contest entrants are required to submit all required documents and photos in an email to email@example.com before the deadline for a chance to be selected as the recipients of pro bono adoption services. After Adoption Network Law Center reviews the contest submissions, the winner will be chosen and announced on November 23rd, National Adoption Day.
Last year’s contest winners, David and Melissa of Tennessee, were high school sweethearts, married for 19 years, who had been trying to adopt for 4 years. Kristin A.F. Yellin, Chief Counsel of Adoption Network Law Center, made the call to David and Melissa to tell them they had been selected right before the Thanksgiving holiday. According to Yellin, “We were thrilled to have the opportunity to give back to the community and raise awareness of National Adoption Month and we were so excited for the opportunity to help fulfill David and Melissa’s dreams of becoming parents.”
In March 2013, David and Melissa received a call from Adoption Network Law Center about an adoption opportunity of a little boy that had just been born; they accepted and welcomed their long awaited son into their family. In July 2013, David, Melissa and their son, officially became a forever family with the finalization of their adoption.
“Our son has brought so much joy to our lives and we are so thankful for him,” David and Melissa said, after the adoption finalization. “People tell us all the time what a blessing we are to our son, but he is truly the blessing.”