Facing an Unplanned Pregnancy?
Four Step Birthmother Adoption Process
- Contact Adoption Network Law Center by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, toll free at 1-866-94-ADOPT (1-866-942-3678), or via email.
- Meet with a trained and compassionate Adoption Advisor.
- Complete and sign various forms.
- Help ANLC obtain prenatal records, or start prenatal care.
- Select an adoptive couple from ANLC's Waiting Families online database of parent profiles.
- Birthmothers meet the Adoptive Parent(s), if they wish.
- Along with the Adoptive Parent(s), Birthmother decides the comfort level of the relationship.
- Schedule an appointment with an Adoption Advisor. It is recommended before and after the birth for emotional support.
- Preregister at the hospital where the baby will be delivered.
- Attend Lamaze classes (Birthmothers choice).
- Continue contact with an Adoption Advisor and Adoptive Parent(s).
- Call an Adoption Network Law Center Adoption Advisor and/or family when labor commences.
- Birthmother visits with the baby, Adoption Advisor, adoptive family and whomever she chooses.
- Birthmother may sign the relinquishment documents as early as 48 hours after the birth of their child.
Contact us today for your FREE Adoption Kit 1-866-942-3678
Call us at 1-866-942-3678 right now to speak with an Adoption Specialist or for your convenience complete the online contact form.
An Adoption Specialist will gladly explain the adoption process.
Your confidential phone call or email does not obligate you in any way.
Still have questions?
We invite you to explore the following areas of our website:
Search by Region
Search by Religion
Search by Ethnicity
Contact an Adoption Advisor at 1-866-94-ADOPT (1-866-942-3678) or via our birthmother contact form
Your information is confidential.